Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Greed and Fear

This morning, one of my warrant's underlying, SembCorp Marine, powered thru and went up to 5.1++. My warrant therefore moved up to 0.500, 25% more than my purchase price of 0.400. At that price, I would have had earned 300+, a 20+ % return in less than a week. However, greed got the better of me and I decided to wait for SembMarine to rise even more. Unfortunately, it went down all the way to yesterday's closing price of 5.08, leaving me with alot less profit. This has taught me a valuable lesson, to be disciplined not only in stop loss, but also profit taking target. once I have set a profit taking level, I should stick to it, and not hope for better price, since i am, after all, speculating.

Oh well, hopefully sembmar will rise to today's level and I will take my profits tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment