Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 2011 Portfolio Updates/Summary

May 2011 was yet another uneventful month for me, as I count the months left till university starts (3). Have been working as a temporary staff in one of the banks at CBD area.
Used my iPhone to buy a stock for the first time.

Also received many dividends this month, from ST Engg, First REIT, MIT and PohTC.


Stock Bought Buy Price Market Price P/L not incl. Dividend
MIT $0.930 $1.17 25.81%
Sabana $1.050 $0.94 -10.48%
First REIT $0.700 $0.79 12.86%
ST Engineering 2++ (Average) $2.97 Not Available
Poh Tiong Choon Log $0.48 $0.40 -16.67%
Capitaland $3.15 $3.11 -1.27%
CapMallsAsia $1.71 $1.63 -4.68%

Added two new counters to my portfolio: CapMallsAsia and Capitaland.
Capitaland is a value buy, with NTA and NAV both at $3.20-ish.
CapMallsAsia, however, is a trade. Unfortunately it has been very bearish recently, going down all the way to $1.58 until recovering to $1.63 today. Will divest at resistance of $1.68 if tested.

My other counters have been very weak after going XD. ST Engg especially, dropping from $3.30 to $2.97, though dividend was only 11.5cents. PohTC dropped from 45c to 40c despite a small dividend of 2c.

The best performer is First REIT, going from 75c to 79c. It has been included into the MSCI Singapore Index as of today (SiMSCI). Read more about it at AK's blog here.


Sabana REIT has also been added to MSCI Global Small Caps. Read more here.

Portfolio is still green, due to my dividends and capital gain over the past year from ST Engineering, and the good performace of First REIT.

YTD is red due to CMA, my multiple trades that went awry (NOL, Wilmar).

4 comments:

  1. Hi Isaac,

    What was your exact average cost for ST Engineering? You had stated it as $2++.

    Also, what do you think are the prospects for this Company?

    Thanks,
    Musicwhiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac,

    you are starting much younger than I did and are doing much better. Great things ahead for you, keep it up. Make sure to join the investment club in your uni, unless it is run by dumb people (they walk among us) in which case start your own and beat them(I did). Be an investment professional and you will never have to work a day in your life.

    Student

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MW,

    unfortunately I didn't track my price for ST Engineering as it was bought over 2 periods in 2009, under my father's name. (I tompang when he bought) Hence, I can't remember the exact price :X But I do believe it's around the $2.30 to $2.50 range.

    I'd say that ST Engineering is, next to SingTel, one of the stablest companies in Singapore. Revenue, Profits etc. do not fluctuate much whether there is a downturn or economic recovery. (Single biggest customer is the Government- Specifically MINDEF/SAF, SPF and SCDF. I also believe it has stable FCF and hence is able to maintain its' dividend. It is also a well managed company, doesn't do stupid things, make stupid acquisitions (hard to do so when Temasek is the controlling shareholder, haha). It's a low growth company; though I'm comfortable with that, as this is the bedrock of my portfolio. Just pay us more dividends!


    Hi Student,

    I enjoy your blog :)
    You do not mince your words, and you present a refreshing view on things.

    Thanks for your words of encouragement; I'm still learning to swim in this shark infested pool. It's been pretty bloody this year ;)

    ReplyDelete